I recently received this intriguing question in my email:
“My walls have begun to look very boring in my house and I am interested in wall mirror accents or some other type of wall decoration. The only problem is I can’t really afford to buy anything new or expensive. Is there any way to get nice looking wall decoration without paying a lot of money?”
While having no budget for decoration can be a pain, it’s not the worst problem in the world. In fact, cheap decorating can open up great new possibilities of creative and innovative ideas. Money should never have the power to prevent your imagination from working when it comes to home decoration!
If you’re looking for cheap wall mirror accents or other inspiring ideas for wall decoration to brighten up a boring wall, I’ve got some great ideas to get you started.
Focus on what you love: Go around your house, garage, basement, attic or storage area to find the items that you already have and love. What immediately draws your attention?
- Antiques that belonged to loved ones
- Childhood toys
Walk around and re-discover: Take a personal tour around your own house to discover things you may have forgotten about. If you have saved things, they probably have a special meaning to you.
- Your mom’s collection of aprons
- Small scraps of ribbons or fabric
- Toys that you used to play with
- Old doors or windows that you found but never used
Get creative: Take one of these items that you really love and try to think of creative ways to use them for your wall. If you have found a collection of small hand mirrors: Viola! Wall mirror accents. Often items that you thought were junk can be re-painted for a fresh new look. Try:
- Re-staining small pieces of wood
- Displaying items with a similar theme or color
- Creating a new rack for hanging old items
- Filling up a basic shelf with your favorite items
- Covering a wall with old fabric or pictures
If you can’t find any wall mirror accents or other wall décor ideas in your home, there are many alternatives for finding ideas. Always remember the old saying: “One man’s junk is another man’s treasure”!
Try to find new pieces by:
- Asking your friends if they are giving anything away
- Discover curbside treasures on trash day
- Check out the free section on Craigslist daily
- Show up at garage sales at the very end
Don’t worry about your tighter budget when it comes to wall mirror accents or beautiful wall décor, just rely on your imagination to create something amazing!
Display your favourite collections for a fabulous wall accent.
Group your favorite art (similarly themed) together, for a powerful impact.cling to wall decorations, decorating ideas, glass wall mirror accents, hand forged embossed metal sculptured wall decor, home decoration, home show, metal wall art, palladium wall mirrors, rectangular beveled wall mirrors, wall accents, wall decor, wall decor at a discount, wall decoration ideas, wall mirror accents, wall mirrors