Finding inexpensive, discount flowers is not as hard as you would expect. Most local garden centers are filled with bargains waiting to be found and if you know the secrets for discovering discount flowers, gardening will become as cheap as dirt!
Because I have spent so many years shopping at different gardening stores, I have picked up the best secrets on how to get discount flowers. Even if there are no advertised sales, these tips are going to help save you money:
- Always be very friendly to the staff. When you first walk into a garden center, grab a cart and browse around the store to scope out any good deals. If a staff member approaches you, always remember to be genuinely friendly! These people have the power to help you out by extending great deals and discount flowers, especially if you are visiting a smaller garden center.
- Look around for ripped bags. Garden centers sell a lot of soil, grass seed and other bagged items. Often, these bags can get ripped and instead of throwing them away, the garden center will re-bag them and sell at a much cheaper price.
- Check out the clearance racks. Because garden centers have to deal with selling living things, discount flowers are constantly on sale in the clearance racks. It is hard to sell a flowering plant not yet in bloom or a perennial that has already flowered, but this is only one stage in their long life cycle. Experienced gardeners know that these plants will likely come into bloom again!
- Ask for a deal! Sometimes a manager or employee will be able to give you a sale price just because you asked. Try these questions:
- Is this the best price you can offer?
- It looks like you have a lot of these plants; can I help you get rid of them quicker?
- These flowers are looking a little tired; can you offer a better deal?
- If I buy several of these plants, would you give me a deal?
- Visit your favorite garden center frequently. If you become a regular, it is much easier to get the best deals and discount flowers. Start a relationship with staff members and you may begin to hear about sales before they even happen.
Planting a garden doesn’t have to be hard with a tighter budget, spend the time to look for discount flowers and you’ll be rewarded with a beautiful (and cheap!) new garden.budget gardening, Discount flowers, gardening flowers plants trees, save money gardening, thyme saving tips